We collect the following information about you:
- your full name;
- your sex, nationality, year of birth;
- contact information, especially your e-mail address;
- information about your education, including the school you attend and your field of study together with the information which faculty you will attend in the Czech Republic;
- your arrival date and time to the Czech Republic, and accommodation in the Czech Republic;
- your photo, and self-description.
Here is what we do with this information:
- we provide you with any important news before and after your arrival to the Czech Republic
- Nothing special about it - we just use your e-mail address to inform you about anything we think is important for you to know.
- we manage the Buddy database
- Buddy database serves a simple purpose - to find you a Buddy, Czech student who will help you after your arrival.
- To allow Czech students to choose the best exchange student for them, we make some of your information available to them after registration and login into the Buddy database. They can see your full name, country of origin, school and faculty, date and time of your arrival to the Czech Republic and accommodation type. They can also see your approximate age, photo and self-description. Please note that it is only your choice how much information you want to share in the self-description. The e-mail address is not visible in this database; buddy can see it once he or she chooses you. We do not control what you tell your buddy in e-mail as it is your private communication.
- we manage the internal database, to maintain our internal organisation
- We use it for organising trips and other events you can sign for while being in Czech Republic.
We also employ the third-party companies and individuals to provide us selected services due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Services;
- To perform Services-related services;
It sounds complicated, but we just say that we cannot manage everything on our own - so we use the other companies to provide us for example with data hosting, mailing systems etc.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we received.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.