Eduroam (education roaming) is an international roaming service for users in research, higher education and further education. It provides researchers, teachers and students with an easy and secure network access.
How to connect to Wi-Fi eduroam
The username for eduroam consists of the CTU username supplemented with the realm of your faculty.
Depending on your faculty, use these realms:
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Transportation Sciences
- Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Masaryk Institute of Advanced Studies
For example, if your CTU username is novakj99 and you are from Faculty of Electrical Engineering, your eduroam unique username will be email@example.com.
Before using the wireless network, you should set a password for wireless network access (eduroam password). You can set the password through the Usermap.
- switch to English
- click on login, log yourself in (use your faculty username and the main CTU password)
- click on your name (right upper corner)
- click on Settings
- click on Eduroam password settings
- set your new eduroam password
Find eduroam Wi-Fi and connect yourself
Most operating systems allow you to log in just by typing the eduroam username and the eduroam password, however there can be ones that need additional settings such as certificates.
You can find more info about certificates and eduroam on different faculties on this website (unfortunately only in Czech language): ČVUT portál