WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH YOUR STAY AT CTU
It is strongly recommended to attend the Orientation Week, which is held in the last week before classes start. During this week, international students are introduced to the CTU educational system and are given information for their stay in the Czech Republic. They are helped to register for their courses, they meet Czech and international students, make some trips, and generally settle in before the semester begins. Do not miss this good opportunity.
February 13th - 19th, 2017
DAY 1 - Monday (February 13th)
Initial information meeting at 10:30 - 14:30, Faculty of Civil Engineering, room D-1122
- Official welcome
- How to "survive" in Prague
- Visa regulations and insurance policy
- Arranging all the necessary paperwork
- ISC membership
- Introduction to the Czech Culture Course
- Life in the Czech Republic
- How to enroll in courses
Tandem Evening (more info soon)
- Enjoy the first beer of the semester and get involved in our unique language learning program! Here you can meet a tandem partner to practice your language skills and have a drink.
OW presentation Monday
DAY 2 - Tuesday (February 14th)
In the morning - Registration at the faculties (for Erasmus and Exchange students).
You will need:
You will need:
- Study record book (green booklet) from the Welcome Pack
- Passport photo
2nd information meeting at 14:00 - 16:30, Congress hall of the Masarykova dormitory
- ISC trip registrations (ESN card & cash needed)
DAY 3 - Wednesday (February 15th)
Prague Discovery Game (PDG) at 13:30, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, room 256
- Great treasure hunt organized by ISC
inteGREATion party in the evening at Storm Club
- Get to know each other at the first ISC inteGREAT party and have fun!
DAY 4-7 - Thursday to Sunday (February 16th – 19th)
Trips around the Czech Republic
- Various trips (both one-day and weekend events) to many interesting places in the Czech Republic.
- A great opportunity to get to know other students!
Please keep in mind there are four types of students: Erasmus students, Exchange students, Erasmus Mundus students and Private (self-paying) students. Private (self-paying) students and Erasmus Mundus students please contact their coordinators at their study department for information about visa issues, registration at faculties, etc.